Care After Cosmetic Surgery
Find Out What Should Happen After Your Procedure in Austin, TX
Below are links to our downloadable post-surgical cosmetic recovery guides. These are ideal to review before your pre-operative appointment with us. Write down any questions you may have and bring them with you to the office or give us a call to get them answered by a member of our patient care team.
Included in every cosmetic patient's surgical fees with our office is CosmetAssure, a 45-day insurance that covers complications from all of the cosmetic surgical procedures Dr. Christine Fisher offers. Every elective surgery carries risk of complications; CosmetAssure allows you to rest easy while you recover in the unlikely event that a complication occurs.
- Post-Surgical Abdominoplasty Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Breast Implant Exchange Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Breast Implant Removal Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Body Lift Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Breast Augmentation Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Earlobe Repair Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Labiaplasty Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Liposuction Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Mastopexy-Reduction Discharge Instructions
- Post-Surgical Mommy Makeover Discharge Instructions
Christine Fisher, M.D.
- Known for natural-looking aesthetic results in breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery.
- Elected by her peers for inclusion in Texas Monthly's Texas Super Doctors®: Rising Stars listing.
- Reconstructed over 1,500 patients, including more than 500 DIEP flap reconstructions.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of reviews for cosmetic surgery.
You should arrange for someone to stay with you in the days immediately following discharge. After two weeks you may begin gentle scar massage with a moisturizing lotion to help soften scars while healing. Protect your incisions from sun exposure by applying sunblock to scars for the first year. Sun damage darkens and thickens scars and can penetrate bathing suits.
Please call us if you experience:
- Persistent fever above 101.5º
- Rapidly expanding swelling under the skin
- Spreading redness around the surgical site(s)
- Pus in your drain(s) (if you have drains)