Juvéderm® and Other Dermal Fillers
Add Volume With These Injectables in Austin, TX
While many people want an effective way to reverse the signs of aging, many have subtle symptoms visible of facial aging that can be treated without surgery. Some patients may not be ready for the recovery time and cost associated with surgery to do so. For those seeing mild to moderate signs of aging, injectable procedures may effectively treat symptoms for an extended period, allowing you to enjoy a more youthful and rested look without the need for incisions and anesthesia. Dr. Christine Fisher offers a broad range of dermal fillers for this purpose, allowing her Austin-area patients to refresh their appearance quickly without the need for recovery time afterward.
The hyaluronic acid and collagen that keep youthful skin smooth and rounded diminish over time, which leads to the development of wrinkles and sagging. Some of this is due to sun damage, genetics, and other factors, but generally everyone will experience some degree of change due to volume loss that alters a face's shape or tone. A youthful face is full at the cheeks and typically has an "inverted heart" shape with a smooth jawline and even skin color. Fillers featuring hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, work by restoring fullness in areas that have lost volume over time. These products can improve the contours of the cheek, chin, eyes, mouth and lips. There are numerous dermal fillers designed to replace that lost volume, with brands that include Radiesse®, Belotero®, Restylane®, Sculptra® Aesthetic, and Juvéderm®. The Austin-based team at Christine Fisher MD, including physician assistant Sandy Lanier who specializes in injectables, is trained in each of the available fillers in order to provide a superior experience and beautiful results, administered in a comfortable and relaxing setting.
Why Should You Consider Dermal Fillers?
Because there are so many options—Juvéderm® alone has five different injectables in its line—there is a filler to suit just about anyone, no matter your skincare needs. While plastic surgery can address facial contours, not everyone is prepared for the commitment a facelift or similar procedure requires.
Dermal fillers provide a quick, relatively easy way to reverse the signs of aging. At Christine Fisher MD, the procedure will be fully tailored to your concerns, and provide results that can last for many months. If you have noticed the changes you have seen in your appearance due to volume loss, a "tired" look with facial hollowing, and/or wrinkle formation, a dermal filler treatment may be able to achieve the outcome you want while requiring far less time out of your schedule than surgery.
Dermal fillers are considered safe for men and women of all ages and offer the same benefits to every skin type and tone. While they are primarily used to counter early aging effects, they can also be used to augment and enhance the features of younger patients and can be helpful for patients with more advanced aging who may not be candidates for surgery due to health concerns or other factors. When a licensed medical professional who is an experienced injector administers dermal fillers, the results they produce look naturally youthful and beautiful, and their patients are able to avoid appearing "overdone."
The Medspa at Christine Fisher, M.D.
- Known for advanced aesthetic skincare treatments that scientifically and safely create a natural-looking result.
- Treatments administered by Dr. Christine Fisher and Sandy Lanier, PA-C. Physician Assistant Sandy Lanier has 10+ years experience in cosmetic dermatology and vein treatments.
- Offers full range of medical-grade skincare products to improve skin quality and treat aging skin.
- 4.9-star average rating over hundreds of online reviews for non-surgical laser and injectable treatments.
Your Dermal Filler Options
No two faces are identical, which is why no two dermal filler treatments should be performed in the same way. Our providers carefully assess the aging symptoms of each of our patients before treatment to determine which formulation, injection depth, and needle placement will produce the best results. Whether you need a quick fix for lines around the nose and mouth or a complete rejuvenation of the mid-face, our providers can help you reach your cosmetic goals with a dermal filler procedure designed just for you.
Christine Fisher MD offers over a dozen different dermal fillers, each with unique properties and designed to improve the look of a specific area of the face or hands. Many, including the fillers in the Juvéderm® and Restylane® lines, are hyaluronic acid-based formulas.
The Juvéderm® line of dermal fillers contains a synthetic form of hyaluronic acid that adds facial volume and smooths away wrinkles from the inside out. Within this filler family, there are a variety of products that can be used for a myriad of cosmetic concerns:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC®: this hyaluronic acid filler is smooth enough to plump up the lips, restoring youthful volume or producing definition in lips that have always been naturally thin
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC®: a slightly thicker version of Juvéderm Ultra XC®, Ultra Plus XC® is an excellent choice for reducing even more prominent creases around the nose and mouth
- Juvéderm Voluma®: this formulation is specifically designed to work on larger areas of the face, restoring volume and definition to the cheeks or providing contouring to the jawline
- Juvéderm Vollure®: this unique solution provides subtle softening of moderate to severe facial lines with a refreshed look that may last up to 18 months
- Juvéderm Volbella®: a silky formulation that can add subtle enhancement to lips while diminishing fine, vertical lines that often form above the upper lip
The Restylane® line is another collection of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers designed to produce subtle, natural results that usually last for many months before a touch-up treatment is required. The Restylane® family includes a variety of filler products:
- Restylane-L®: used to reduce creases around the mouth, nose and chin, this formulation now contains lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience
- Restylane Lyft®: this product was initially designed to restore youthful volume to the midface and is also used to turn back the clock on the hands by adding plumpness to the backs of the hands to reduce the appearance of prominent veins
- Restylane Silk®: smooth and silky, this formulation is an effective way to add subtle volume to the lips while reversing the vertical lines that often feather from the upper lip to the underside of the nose
- Restylane Refyne®: using proprietary cross-linking technology, this product can smooth away lines around the nose and mouth while preserving your natural facial expressions even more effectively than other dermal fillers
- Restylane Defyne®: this filler boasts the same innovative technology as Refyne® but adds a slightly thicker texture that allows for the treatment of even deeper lines and creases around the nose, mouth and chin
Download Our Skin Care & Non-Surgical Rejuvenation Post-Procedure Care Guides
We've compiled detailed post-operative care instructions to best equip our skincare & non-surgical rejuvenation patients throughout their recovery process. To ensure the best and safest recovery, your plan may encompass appropriate prescriptions and clear directions towards maintaining your comfort to get you back to normal life and activity as soon as possible. Individual patients respond uniquely, and the type of procedure may differ, but these basic guidelines will help you along your journey.Download Post-Procedure Care Guides
Radiesse® is a dermal filler that contains calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres instead of hyaluronic acid. This unique ingredient binds to the underlying dermal structure to offer immediate support that can be seen shortly after your procedure. At the same time, the microspheres stimulate the body to produce more collagen, natural dermal support that offers long-lasting improvement. Results from these treatments often last one full year or longer.
This injectable, which contains poly-L-lactic acid, acts as a collagen stimulator within the dermal structure. While you won't see results right away after your Sculptra® Aesthetic treatment like you will with other dermal fillers, the changes that appear over time will last much longer. Results also form gradually, so you will look younger without looking like you just had a cosmetic procedure performed. Most Sculptra® Aesthetic treatments last up to two years or more.
This hyaluronic acid filler works differently from the Juvéderm® and Restylane® lines. The proprietary matrix in the formulation integrates with the skin's tissue to provide the most natural results possible. The treatment is effective on even deeper creases around the nose and mouth that frequently form as a result of collagen loss.
Quick, Comfortable Procedure
Dermal filler injections usually take just a few minutes to complete. No anesthesia is required, although we can numb sensitive areas like the lips to ensure there is no discomfort during treatment. Injections are strategically placed where they will achieve smooth, even and natural results. Cannula techniques can also be utilized to reduce the risk of swelling or bruising and enhance the outcome further.
Instant Results, No Downtime
Results from most dermal fillers can be seen right away, even as you leave our office. Other than subtle improvement to your appearance, there shouldn't be many indications you just had a cosmetic procedure performed. Occasionally, slight bruising or swelling might appear around the injection sites, but these side effects are generally mild and short-lived. There won't be any discomfort after the injections that would prevent you from activities, so you should be able to jump back into your routine right away.
Make the Most of Your Dermal Fillers in Austin, TX
While dermal fillers are one of the most commonly performed cosmetic treatments today, that doesn't mean you should trust your anti-aging therapy to just anyone advertising the service. Dr. Fisher is a board-certified plastic surgeon with an artistic eye who has extensive experience in using the various fillers available, giving her an accurate perspective on which formulation will work the best for you. Additionally, our physician assistant, Sandy Lanier, has over 10 years of experience in the field of aesthetic skincare and injectable techniques. She and Dr. Fisher know precisely how to place the injections, providing you with a safe procedure and superior results.
If you are ready to say goodbye to the telltale symptoms of aging, but you aren't at the point where you want to commit to a surgical procedure, dermal fillers may provide you with the right amount of correction to ward off pesky wrinkles and undo the effects of facial hollowing. Our providers will evaluate your specific concerns and discuss your aesthetic goals to help you find the best filler solution for your needs.
Because dermal fillers are so varied and versatile, they can be combined in innovative ways, both with each other and with other treatments. When paired with BOTOX® Cosmetic injections to smooth dynamic wrinkles, they can be part of a "liquid facelift", which offers rejuvenating effects without surgery. Talk to the Christine Fisher MD team to learn which fillers may be right for you.